Sunday, September 1, 2013

Brass Obsession and Lighting Love

I'm currently obsessed with brass or antique gold.  If you've followed my other blog, you know I become obsessed with things.  Speaking of which, in law school, my BFF and I would become obsessed with a new food every week, and eat it 3 meals a day everyday.  Like one week, we ate homemade Mexican pizzas all day long for at least a week.  Weird.  But I digress...

You can't go overboard with the brass or it looks dated, so I have to limit my obsession.  Ella is the lucky recipient of a brass/gold tone-accessorized room.

I finished painting her dresser and putting on the new knobs, and I absolutely LOVE how it turned out!  Here is what it used to look like...

And here it is now...
It's actually a darker coral color than it looks in the photo.  Coral is one of her new room colors.  Aren't those brass knockers so chic?!

Both kids' rooms have chandelier outlets so I could not resist buying this for Ella's room...

Hello beautiful!  I love it so much, that I might have to keep it for the master bedroom.  Except that I wanted this one for the master...
I've always loved these chandeliers so I want to try and make it work in the master.  Sadly, with the direction I'm going in the master, I have a feeling it won't work.  And I'm thinking Everett won't be too keen on this hanging in his room.  Ooh, but maybe the master bathroom- yes!

I'm also in love with this sconce...
I feel like I have to have it because it's called the Everett Sconce!  But I have no idea where I'd put it.  Both bathrooms will have polished chrome or brushed nickel, and I don't think there is anywhere to put two of these in Ella's room.  But I'm going to try and come up with a spot!

Moving from bedrooms to entry, I bought his for the entryway...

For the kitchen, I think I want these for above the peninsula, but I need to do more research before making a final decision...


And bathrooms.  I'm not sure yet if we're doing an above-mirror light or side lights for the kids' bathroom because I need to see what the mirror looks like first (I bought the CUTEST mirror for their bathroom!).  If we do above mirror, I think I'll get these...

If we do side lights, I want either these...
Or these...

For the master bathroom, I'm pretty much decided on 2 or 3 of these...


Next up on the agenda, we're meeting with our contractor and cabinet maker on Monday morning to start the kitchen and kids' bathroom cabinet designs- yay!  Our plans were submitted to the county on Wednesday so please cross your fingers that it takes less than a month to approve.

No comments:

Post a Comment