Sunday, November 17, 2013

Exterior Finishes

I honestly feel like for the last 4 months, I've spend half my life researching and buying finishes for the house- I'm sort of over it!  My latest concern is exterior lighting, heating and cooling.

We have to be able to heat and cool the California room since we plan on using it year round, but I hate all the options!  I don't care for ceiling fans, but there really isn't any other option so I ordered what I thought was the best looking...
It's not even an outdoor fan, but I didn't like any of the outdoor options so I figured this should be fine since it won't really be exposed to weather.

As for heat, I think we have to get two of these mountable heaters, but I feel like it's going to look so ugly!!!
I'd rather figure out somewhere to put the standing kind, but Gary doesn't want them...

Then, I need two wall lights and two chandeliers for the CA room and two wall lights for either side of our front door.  I already have the chandeliers (same one we are putting in our entryway), but I can't decide on the wall lights.  So I ordered these in two sizes...
I love them so I'm definitely putting them in CA room, I just don't know what size.  As for the front, I'm either going to use those or another style that I just love for some reason...

And finally, I have to decide on shutters for the exterior.  I'm deciding between wood and paintable vinyl.  I really want the wood, but they are twice the cost and obviously require more maintenance.  Here are the wood...
And the paintable vinyl...

I'm not sure if it's worth it to pay twice the price when once they are painted black or dark navy, I don't know if you'll really even be able to tell the difference?  Especially from the street?

2 comments: