Monday, November 4, 2013

Major Tile Love

It's not done yet, but I had to post a progress photo of the kids' bathroom...I am beyond in love with the tile work!!!!  It is turning out EXACTLY how I wanted it.

Here is another remodel piece of advice...you can't splurge on much when you're doing an entire house all at once, but splurge on things that are really important to you.  I've had an inspiration photo FOREVER of a bathroom that I love, and the thing I love most about it is the tile chair rail and subway tile all the way around the bathroom.  The chair rail I bought is very pricey- just that one little line in that little bathroom cost more than ALL the subway tile to cover showers and walls in TWO entire bathrooms.  I was really close to buying the stock tile chair rail they carry at Home Depot and everywhere else, but I didn't love it, and I knew that was the feature I loved in my inspiration photo so I sucked it up and special ordered my chair rail from a tile store.  I am SO happy that I did. 

But now I'm wondering if my 2 and 4 year old are going to have a nicer bathroom than me?! ;)~

No comments:

Post a Comment