Friday, January 3, 2014

The Almost Done Pantry

We were going to do the pantry ourselves because the over-budget-ness (is that a word?) of this remodel is out of control.  However, we just don't have the time.  Gary is doing both of our closets, and we aren't even done with those.  So, I told our custom cabinet guy that I wanted the most simple and cheap pantry ever...which they begun installing today.

But apparently, simple and cheap is not in his vocabulary because this is what it looks like so far, and it's not even done!
That does not look simple and cheap to me...it looks awesome and fancy!  Notice the crown moulding in the second photo that matches the crown on our kitchen cabinets.  I mean, whaaaaat?!  The cabinet with drawers (which obviously doesn't have the drawer fronts yet) is going to have a carrera marble counter on it!

My only concern is that when we discussed the plan, I said I wanted the shelves to go all the way to the wall (so there would be shelves over the cabinet), which he didn't do.  He kept saying it would look ugly, and in his opinion it needs to be open, blah, blah.  I really just have to laugh because I do find it endearing that he takes such huge pride in his work and cares so much about aesthetics, even in a pantry. :)  I think I'm just going to put open shelving above to put my cookbooks on...maybe. 

No comments:

Post a Comment